Archived news and articles most relevant to Chiropractic. As a benefit to membership, PCA wants to assist you in being informed and most up-to-date in current happenings regarding Chiropractic care, legislation, and more.
01/27/2017 | TRUMP, GOP LOOK FOR COMMON GROUND ON HEALTH REFORM
01/27/2017 | Trump’s Regulatory Freeze Delays HHS Rules
01/26/2017 | Can People, Especially Leaders, Really Change?
01/25/2017 | Groups Press Insurers to Reform Prior Authorization
01/25/2017 | Medicaid Funding Among Major Themes in Price Hearing
01/25/2017 | Republican Senators Unveil ACA Replacement
01/24/2017 | Federal Judge Blocks Aetna-Humana Deal - RELATED: Aetna-Humana trial primer: A look at how the deal evolved
01/20/2017 | MIPS: Big goals, unanswered questions
01/20/2017 | Feds: $3.3B in FY2016 Healthcare Fraud Recoveries
01/20/2017 | Governors Voice Medicaid Concerns to GOP Lawmakers
01/17/2017 | CDC’s Tom Frieden reflects on tenure’s successes
01/16/2017 | 2017: From ObamaCare to TrumpCare
01/13/2017 | HHS Nominee Price: More Doctors with More Concerns
01/12/2017 | Senate Passes Budget, Paves Way for ACA Repeal
01/11/2017 | P-EOTUS Pushes for Speedy ACA Repeal and Replacement
01/10/2017 | Five US Senate Rs Aim to Delay ACA Repeal Effort
01/06/2017 | Judge Denies US DOL Motion to Stay Overtime Ruling
01/06/2017| US House GOP Floats ACA Replacement Framework
02/16/2017 | 10 things to know about new HHS secretary Tom Price
02/14/2017 | ACP issues guidelines for treating lower back pain
02/10/2017 | Opioid Addicts- prevention or triage?
02/08/2017 | Leadership: Complex Systems in Complex Times
02/07/2017 | Trump says ACA replacement may not come until 2018
02/06/2017 | Wolf Fills in Blanks for Combined Health Agency
02/06/2017 | Wolf Seeks Another $10M to Reverse Drug Overdoses
02/06/2017 | US Senate Committee Advances Price Nomination
02/06/2017 | New National Providers Group Gains Momentum
3/27/2017 | The 13 Best Ab Exercises You Can Do Standing Up
3/27/2017 | Why You Should Be Recommending Prebiotics
3/23/2017 | Study: EHRs bloat clerical workload for docs
3/22/2017 | Spring Fitness Challenge
3/21/2017 | 9 strategies for becoming a super-communicator
3/21/2017 | Highmark ends bleeding from ACA plans
3/21/2017 | 7 Holistic Headache Remedies
3/20/2017 | Tumeric: The Natural Remedy for Chiropractic
3/17/2017 | Simple Posture Exercises: Straighten Up UK
3/16/2017 | CMS launches chronic care management initiative
3/15/2017 | White House takes aim at CBO credibility
3/15/2017 | Seema Verma confirmed as head of CMS
3/15/2017 | 5 Things Most Marathoners Shouldn't Worry About
3/15/2017 | Listen to your inner voice
3/13/2017 | Is Coconut Oil Really A Superfood?
3/7/2017 | Reached out to your local hospital lately?
3/6/2017 | Sorry, Sitting Isn’t Really Bad for You
3/02/2017 |The Art of Gratitude
3/1/2017 | Low Back Exercise Risk vs. Reward
4/25/2017 | Disagree, but don't disrespect
4/28/2017 | How to Become Insanely Well-Connected
4/28/2017 | Six Reasons Why Your Argument Failed To Persuade
4/19/2017 | False Claim Penalties Increase Again
4/17/2017 | Clinical Compass: YouTube video
4/14/2017 | Trump's words could fuel legal fight to save ACA
4/11/2017 | 7 Styles of Yoga and Where to Start
4/10/2017 | The 10 Best Yoga Poses for Inflexible People
4/10/2017 | Top 10 Scoliosis Exercises And Their Benefits
4/5/2017 | Department of Human Services
4/4/2017 | Can workplace wellness make people healthy?
6/1/2017 | Pregnancy and Chiropractic
6/1/2017 | F4CP Launches Members-Only Marketing Toolkit
6/1/2017 | New CMS-Approved Conservative Spine Care Clinical Data Registry
5/22/2017 | CMS YouTubes MACRA tutorial for DCs
5/19/2017 | Critical to your team's culture: Equal air time
5/17/2017 | Fight Allergies with Food
5/15/2017 | Recent Updates to the DHS Website
5/9/2017 | Women leaders should 'mind their P's'
5/8/2017 | Check if you're included in MIPS
5/5/2017 | Groupthink vs. consensus: Don't mix them up
5/4/2017 | House passes ACA repeal, replacement bill
5/4/2017 | Senate OKs nurse practitioner legislation
5/3/2017 | A Physician Rethinks Spinal Prejudice
5/2/2017 | America’s other drug problem
5/1/2017 | How to Win Influence and Keep It
6/22/2017 | Scoliosis in Children and Adolescents
6/20/2017 | White House task force echoes pharma proposals
6/20/2017 | State announces medical marijuana grower permits
6/12/2017 | Chiropractic: Tuning up the Brain
6/9/2017 | Why You Should Take a Relaxing Lunch Break
6/9/2017 | Caring for the Best of the Best
6/7/2017 | Newborns and Chiropractic Care
6/5/2017 | 2017 Community Outreach Project
6/1/2017 | Pregnancy and Chiropractic
6/1/2017 | F4CP Launches Members-Only Marketing Toolkit
1/11/16 | PCA - PCA Supports Military Families and Patriot-Project
- 4/25/16 | ECAIPN - East Coast Associations' Independent Physician Network Update
- 4/6/16 | Time Magazine - You Asked: Are Chiropractors Legitimate?
- 4/4/16 | Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP) - F4CP Issues Statement on Pain Management, Commends National Safety Council Report: DrugFree Chiropractic Care is Safe, Effective First Option to Avoid Opioids
- 6/29/16 | PA State Board of Chiropractic - PA State Board of Chiropractic Will Only Allow Max of 50% CEUs to be Taken Online
- 6/26/16 | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services -SE 1603 Educational Resources to Assist Chiropractors with Medicare Billing
- 6/26/16 | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - SE 1602 Use of the AT modifier for Chiropractic Billing (new information along with information in MM3449)
- 6/26/16 | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services -SE 1601 Medicare Coverage for Chiropractic Services – Medical Record Documentation Requirements for Initial and Subsequent Visits
- 6/20/16 | Business Wire - New Study Reports Substantial Growth in the Use of Chiropractic Care by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- 6/5/16 | Preventing Chronic Disease - Multiple Chronic Conditions and use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Among US Adults
- 7/26/16 | Forbes - Chiropractors Present Themselves As An Alternative To Painkillers
- 7/18/16 | Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP) - William Moreau, DC, Leads Sports Medicine Team and Serves as Chief Medical Officer for Team USA at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 7/6/16 | PCA - Keystone State’s Chiropractors Offer Systemic Solution to Opioid Addictions “Rethinking” conservative care first is key to pain management
- 8/8/16 | Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP) - Chiropractic--A Safer Strategy Than Opioids
- 8/1/16 | Novitas Solutions - Novitas Solutions Posts Provider Enrollment Revalidation Only 50% of Providers Responding in Cycle 2
- 9/27/16 |American Chiropractic Association (ACA) - National Chiropractic Health Month 2016 Kicks Off Oct. 1
- 9/1/16 | PCA - Governor Wolf Encourages Conservative Care First Proclaims October 2016 as Chiropractic Health Month
- 10/25/2016 | Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) - PPACA’s Section 1557 became effective on 10/16/16. Are you compliant?
- 10/20/16 | Pennsylvania Chiropractic Association (PCA) - 2013 Medicare Audit Claims $359M Spent on Unneeded Chiropractic Services: DCs must comply with coming changes in 2017 or face dire consequences
- 10/19/16 | American Chiropractic Association (ACA) - ACA Responds to OIG Report on Chiropractic Documentation in Medicare
- 10/19/16 | Wall Street Journal - Medicare Spent $359 Million on Unnecessary Chiropractic Care in 2013, Audit Finds
- 11/29/2016 | National Stroke Association: No Increased Risk of Stroke Following Chiropractic Manipulation - According to the NSA, a recently completed study noted, yet again, that associations between chiropractic and PCP visits and stroke were similar
- 11/29/2016 | F4CP Responds to Libelous Sweeps Week Promotion of Dr. Oz Show - This week the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP) responded directly to Dr. Oz on the content of his November 16 show
- 11/28/2016 | PA Dept of Human Services (DHS) Posts Updates - Includes MA Bulletins, Desk Reference Guide, Medicaid Managed Care Directory
- 11/21/2016 | PCA’s Dan Schatzberg Elected as Pennsylvania’s Delegate to the ACA - PCA past-president Dan Schatzberg, DC (2012- 2014) was recently elected by his Pennsylvania ACA colleagues to serve as Pennsylvania’s Delegate to the American Chiropractic Association’s House of Delegates.
- 11/16/2016 | More information on VAD: Does case misclassification threaten the validity of studies investigating the relationship between neck manipulationand vertebral artery dissection stroke?
- 11/14/2016 |Katie May and Cervical Stroke:PCA has been advised that this week (November 14), The Dr. Oz Show will air a story on Ms. May’s death and the issue of Chiropractic care, specifically regarding the county coroner’s conclusion that she died of a stroke due to a neck manipulation by her Chiropractor. In anticipation of this coverage, PCA offers information and suggestions.
- 11/10/2016 | Novitas Solutions Looks for Opportunities to Improve/Enhance our Website - Novitas Solutions has implemented a random method where you, our valued customers, may be asked to complete a satisfaction survey.
- 11/08/2016 | Governor Wolf Signs Act 146, PCA- initiated Retro-Review “Reform” Bill - Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf signed Act 146 of 2016 (formerly House Bill 1178) into law on Friday, November 3, 2016.
- 11/1/2016 | Dr. Ray Benedetto’s 5-Minute Update - addresses passage of PCA’s retro-review legislation, open Board meetings, meet and greet with Governor Wolf and district social media.
- 12/29/2016 | What Can One DC Do to Change the World for the Better? A lot. No kidding. A LOT. For example, read on.
- 12/20/2016 | High-Tech, High-Touch Engagement: How Patients & Providers Benefit - In case you haven’t kept up with health care marketing and advertising lately
- 12/14/2016 | “Reinventing Government” Trickles Down to Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State Representative and House Majority Leader Dave Reed (PCA District 3) is calling for a “redesign” of state government.
- 12/13/2016| Opioid Crisis in America - One-third of Americans who have taken prescription opioids for at least two months say they became addicted.
- 12/7/2016 | Trump’s “Art” of the Health Care “Deal” Facing Spending Pressures - US annual health care spending rises to nearly $10,000 per person
- 12/1/2016 | Chiropractic Care Helps Pro Golfer Overcome Vertigo - Jason Day’s Debilitating Vertigo Resolved by Tucson DC
Pennsylvania Chiropractic Association
1335 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102
T: (717) 232-5762 | F: (717) 232-8368